Monday, March 30, 2009

rainbow cake


image hostessblog.com

Well, the big weekend is over and it was quite fabulous I think :) One of the biggest hits was the rainbow cake. Almost everyone wanted to know how this was done, so I thought I'd post the link for anybody else who wants to give it a whirl. (It's UNBELIEVABLY easy! Trust me): rainbow cake tutorial. In the tutorial, she gives a weight watchers friendly version of the cake where you use soda instead of oil and eggs. . . I did the fatty fat version, baking the cake as directed (oil and eggs, yum!) and just followed the color and pour directions. Anyways, I don't know why I didn't discover this method before, I LOVE IT!!!! I don't think we'll ever eat a boring plain colored cake again! I can't wait to experiment with more theme-y color combinations, rather than just rainbow.

I will post about some other fabulous creations from Y's b-day bash later this week, but in the meantime, I had to share these bunnies I found on Etsy, I laughed out loud when I saw them. If you've seen the commercials for ShamWOW towels maybe this will amuse you too :)

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

coolest. cake. ever.

and... best party ever, too!