Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dish Scrubbies!!


These are too much fun! I made a monster batch for Christmas and still have enough supplies to make twice as many more! They're inspired by my best friend's darling grandma's scrubbies (hers were all nylon, scrubby on both sides!)

Here's my abbreviated instructions, basically you're just crocheting two circles and then crocheting them together!

Supplies:
100% Cotton yarn
Nylon Netting Cut into 1 1/2 strips (I found you need about 8 yards for one circle, so I bought 8 yards of netting, folded it up as best I could and cut the strips with a rotary, it worked suprisingly well, plus, while you try to cut as straight as you can, it doesn't really matter because the strips will be scrunched up to form a "yarn" for crocheting. But you don't have to do it that way, you can totally cut shorter strips and sew them together with clear nylon thread (it works nicely, but takes more time I found)
Size J crochet hook (or something really close to that, the bigger works with the nylon better)


Directions:
1.)With strip of nylon netting, Ch 5, sl in first stitch to form loop, ch 3 (that will be the first dbl crochet in rnd. 1)

2.) Rnd. 1: 13 Dbl Crochet in the loop, join with sl stitch in the top of the ch 3 (14 dbl. crochet total). Ch. 3

3.) Rnd 2: DBL crochet in space between the 2 dbl crochets in rnd. 1 and do 2 dbl crochet in each space around the circle. Join with slip stitch in the top of the chain 3.

4.) Bind off and weave in tail

With cotton yarn, repeat steps 1-3, but instead of binding off you're going to sandwich the two circles together and single crochet them together along the outer edge. You do this by just inserting the needle through both the cotton and netting circles outer edge then do a single crochet.


I'm sure that's clear as mud, but I'm sure you get the idea!!! Enjoy!
Don't feel like making these? I have sets up in the shop right now! Plus there's a sale today (see next post)

1 comment:

brokeintrovert said...

Thanks for the pattern. I will add this post to my favorites!