Monday, April 13, 2009

An Easter Dress for Miss Y




Here is one of the dresses I made for Y using the Alexander Henry "April Showers" and "May Flowers" fabric I bought of etsy last week :) This is a pillowcase dress and I used this tutorial loosely: Pillow Case Dress. It's insanely easy and looks so adorable! If I can sew this, anyone can! I only used my husband (the professional ;) haha) to thread the machine, but I did all the sewing myself and it really looks great! I didn't follow the tutorial's dimensions very closely I just used a big rectangle of fabric and cut armholes :) You kinda can't mess it up (just my kind of pattern!!!).

Anyways, Y looked beautiful in it and had a fabulous Easter even though she was the only little one around :) All that running looking for eggs wiped her out, too. Giving us some organize garage and mow the front lawn (in the rain) time . . . which was MUCH needed! All and all a nice little Sunday ;) Hope yours was just as great!!!!

1 comment:

Taumi said...

Seriously cute, but then again you could put a potato sack on her and she'd still be the cutest little girl I know. This makes me want to sew baby clothes...