Saturday, April 18, 2009

I've fallen so deeply in love

with a kitchen. . .I've lately been on a one-track interior design kick. I can't sleep because I'm thinking what kind of tile would best suit my style home and what fixture will get the most bang for it's buck in the guest bathroom, etc. etc. etc. But what I've really got sidetracked on is KITCHENS. My current kitchen, while new, lacks any personality or design ANYTHING. It's stock cabinets in a light wood (bleh) with white (YES WHITE!) appliances and wood trimmed laminate countertops. I realize I'm sounding super snobby here, don't get me wrong. I'm LOVING having a new home with a spacious kitchen, I just can't believe they would go so builders or whoever makes the decision decided to go so blah on the details! Further, before moving here my husband and I had just finished renovating the kitchen in our former house (cheaply!!!! ) and left an adorable kitchen with new white cabinets, beautiful granite tile counters, and stainless steel appliances! Granted, I love being about to fit in and actually use my kitchen, so the trade of was far worth it. It just leaves me in a constant state of "how can I make this amazing?" Plus. . . .I watch WAY too much HGTV for anyone's good.
ANYWAYS! My whole point of this blog (sorry I forgot for a minute) was to show you this FABULOUSLY beautiful kitchen I found on the back of a magazine in Home Depot (it's just a kraftmaid ad)! Tragically I think I'll have to wait until we are in a home that I know we'll be in for the long haul because it would pain me FAR too much to part from anything that even remotely resembled this kitchen :) But at least now I know I've found "The One"
What really got me swooning was that pearlescent glass tile backsplash! I'm in love.

2 comments:

Taumi said...

I've actually stopped and stared at this ad too. i really love the art deco feel of the design on the glass front cabinets. And of course the pearly back splash...is that subway tile 'cuz I gotta have subway tile!

Bri said...

hahaha I'm not sure but I LOVE subway tile too! We're putting it in both our bathrooms here :) hehehe Did I mention we really shorted ourselves by not hanging out when we lived in the same darn building!?!?!?!