Monday, November 2, 2009

Custom Family Drawings for Christmas


So, I posted this new "item" over at YoriSparrow today and just wanted to share because I'm kind of excited about it. Whilst cleaning out my garage (not at all to imply I finished) a couple weeks ago I came across a drawing I had made of my family the year I was pregnant with Y. I had sketched our little crew, pets included and then scanned it into photoshop to add colors. Then I printed them out in a 3"x5" size and made our Christmas cards. Anyways, I got a lot of compliments on them and the funny resemblance and had totally forgotten about it until I stumbled across the rough draft. I had the epiphany of making these custom pics for other people and posted it in my shop. I'm hoping to post a package that includes the handmade cards (because I just sorta like making cards :)) too!

P.S. Love Actually AND Mickey's Christmas Carol happened today :) Tomorrow the Fall Decorations are definitely coming down :)

1 comment:

Taumi said...

I love this idea! And I also loved those stockings you did with everyone's cartoon head version of themselves stitched on. You should totally offer that in your shop too.

Love Mickey's Christmas Carol as well as probably every Christmas Disney cartoon known to man...especially all the silly symphony's.