Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Movie to Set the Mood


The holiday mood, that is. And yes, it's nauseatingly sweet and sappy, and cheesy. But it's romantic and cute and has Henry Winkler, who despite a drastic decline in "coolness" since his Fonzie days, I still really love. Anyways, it's called The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and it's been on the Hallmark channel twice so far, PLUS I saw it on the display for the Redbox DVD thingy so you can pretty much watch it if you wanted :) It's cute, not stellar in the acting department, but it's a TV movie folks, what can you expect.

So, while we're at it:
My Favorite Put you in the Christmas Mood Movies:
It's A Wonderful Life
It's just so good! My little brother and I used to fall asleep watching this on repeat every Christmas eve.

Love Actually

We were in England during the holiday season when I first saw this and I'm head over heels for this movie. I could watch it beginning to end and over again :) Leave me a comment telling me your favorite story line, I'm curious. Mine is totally the Colin Firth writer and Portuguese housekeeper girl one, that proposal at the end: fabulous! But also, who isn't DYING at this part:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

(cartoon version, although I enjoy the other one too, it's just not list worthy :P haha)

Mickey's Christmas Carol


best version out there :)

The Holiday


absolutely charming

Elf

Instant smile, I'm totally watching this today :)

Santa Clause is Coming to Town




So go be merry, drink some cocoa, watch a movie, make a Christmas gift :) Enjoy your Christmas countdown!

5 comments:

Taumi said...

We are so on the same page here...I even totally agree with the Colin Firth and Portuguese girl story line. Mostly because I am in love with Colin Firth...

Two more that are my favs yoy didn't mention are "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn". Alot of people havn't heard of Holiday Inn but it has Bing and Astaire and you just can't get better than that! Plus it's cute to see them sing and dance to try to win the girl from each other.

Bri said...

um........how did i miss WHITE CHRISTMAS?!?!?! I can't believe I forgot that one :) I must watch it tomorrow :) I think I've only seen Holiday Inn once but it's been a long long time, I think I need a refresher. Love LOVE your Christmas Decorations by the way. You're fabulous!

Laura said...

I don't think I've ever seen Love Actually...looks like a goodie! :) Thanks for the reviews!

Bri said...

oh Laura! You must must MUST watch it, it's really amazing :)

Taumi said...

Yes, a refresher is a must. Thanks for the props on the Christmas decorations.