Tuesday, July 26, 2011

12 Months Photo Tree

When Y turned 1, I made a really cute banner using a picture of her at every month. This time around I wanted to do the same thing, only a little different.

I clean house for an amazing super-mamma with killer style (someday I'll have to see if she'll let me feature her house on my blog). Anyways, one day while I was cleaning I noticed the most fabulous new element in her TV room: a GIGANTIC tree branch painted all gloss white with a little white glossy bird on it! What an awesome idea, right?! Anyways, so that was how I got this idea!

I just had my dad save me a tree branch from his annual trimming spree and then fine tuned it to the shape I liked, leaving lots of little sprigs to hang photos on. I then spray painted it champagne (which turned out slightly more silver than I had hoped). The frames are from the dollar store and spray painted "ballet slipper" pink. I had to remove both the glass and the little kick stand thing because they were just too darn heavy. To hang them on the tree I just slipped little ribbon loops through the little hanging tabs on the back of the frames. I then adorned the branch with a couple silk flower blossoms and paper butterflies. I'm so pleased with the result! It was the perfect centerpiece for A's dessert table. You really could change this idea up to fit any party theme or age. I think it's really fun to use photos from the previous year to show how the birthday star or starlet has changed :)

1 comment:

Taumi said...

I've had a white painted branch in my office for the past five years. It started out as my Christmas tree and then every season I switched out decor. I have birds of all colors for the different seasons.