Monday, September 26, 2011

Projects to Movie By: Circle Vest

My love for quick simple projects has brought me to several cutie-pie pieces that can be whipped up while just watching 1 or 2 fabulous movies and maybe while sipping one incredible drink (my love, the Pumpkin Spice Latte). I decided to feature these cute pieces along side mini movie recommendations in a series called Projects to Movie By.

Todays Piece:
Crochet Circle Vest (just about as easy as it sounds)


Today's Movie:
click above to watch trailer
I'm positive you can find a pattern for this or something similar almost anywhere. I have a little bit of ADD when it comes to pattern reading, so I just improvised. I simply crocheted a circle large enough to reach from armpit to armpit across my "model"'s back and then continued to crochet the circle leaving two armholes in the appropriate spots. What a quick and fun project! I foresee millions of these popping up in my future!



This movie is totally charming. For me, the combination of Audrey Hepburn (who I adore), and Fred Astaire (who I can't help but "crush" on), and Paris (swoon) is a sure recipe for fabulousness and this movie does not disappoint. My favorites: the bookstore kiss (total butterflies), how they pretend to be too tired to sightsee in Paris, and the wedding dress for the photoshoot (it's the kind of dress that makes me want a wedding do-over just so I could wear something like it!).


Pretty sure this movie sells for something like $7 at Walmart, you should totally check it out sometime! My girls even loved it! Y was totally into the opening music sequence "Think Pink" and here's A's apparent enchantment with a Fred Astaire dance scene:

haha, she's mamma's girl!

All in all my project took about the time of the movie, give or take a little bit!


Todays Creative Blog
Somewhat Simple

4 comments:

just me said...

cute and i love the movie to craft by idea ;)

Heather said...

So cute! And thanks for the movie review, too! ;)

Casey said...

this is very cute!

Our Seven Dwarfs said...

I love this and would love to make it for my daughter. how do I make the arm holes, thought? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Jill of oursevendwarfs.com