Monday, February 15, 2010

I have beautiful friends

I'm often inspired by my artsy-fashion fabulous friend, Taumi, and today I am inspired by a gorgeous picture taken of her and her husband (another dear friend). Check it out here under her Feb. 14 post: Loverly.



Miss Y and I have been quite sick as of late. ALSO, we had our first, but bound-to-happen adventure with Y sticking something up her nose. However, my husband and I were enlightened with a crazy but effective and nice to know technique. The on-call nurse told us to pinch the unobstructed nostril shut, place your mouth over your child’s mouth forming a seal--envision administering mouth-to-mouth-- and blow forcefully into your child’s mouth. Now in our case, we had already retrieved two kernels and were unsure if there were any more, so while this didn't result in any dislodge kernels, it did result in a booger-filled beard for my husband! The doctor later confirmed there was nothing else up there, but it only added to the craziness of our week. . . . I can't believe we've survived!

Needless to say, my creative ventures have all but come to a screeching halt. Mid-sickness, I had the foolish idea that I could get my not-yet-two year old to pose like this
for these amazing valentines :P after chasing her around the house trying any which way to make her stick out her hand like that I realized that this would have to happen maybe next year!!! Amazing idea though, right?! After the exhaustion of that fruitless endeavor, I realized I was not yet in shape for creativity!! Today I'm trying to reclaim my messy, messy house and maybe tomorrow I'll make something pretty!

2 comments:

Taumi said...

Ack! I am so excited that you like me so much! lol

And that story about nose stuffing sounds scarily hilarious--like when you know something is dangerous so you kind of have this nervous laugh.

Bri said...

hehe :) Not gonna lie, it was strangely hilarious :P I was scared, but we both burst into laughter after he did the whole blowing her boogies out thing :) Yori was not as amused!