Friday, July 29, 2011

What she wore . . . birthday edition

photos by Laura of Housewife In Town


Miss A, the birthday princess wore the cutest outfit ever!! I stumbled across petti rompers whilst cruising through etsy pages and I'm so glad I did! I bought three for a deal ($49.95) at Posh Petti Designs. 2 Dusty rose (one for each girly, for a sisters and 1st birthday photo shoot I had scheduled) and 1 in ivory or cream to be the cutest birthday suit you ever saw!

These suits are ADORABLE on their own, but for her birthday, I wanted to make one even more spectacular. I created a halter-type neck tie by just hand sewing a V-shape of matching satin ribbon ($1.99) at the front top center. I then deconstructed a GORGEOUS fake peony ($2.99 w/coupon reg. $5.99) from Joann's and glued a jewely button ($3.00) in the center and hot glued that to a stiff piece of felt ($1.19) which I then sewed to the front. Voila' so so sewwwwww cute, I can hardly stand it! She only attempted total outfit destruction once during the photo shoot, but my sweet photographer had a glue gun handy, so we were all good :)
Todays Creative Blog

3 comments:

jess@balancing the dream said...

This has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen! Great job!!
-new follower here!! :)

beckaboots said...

This makes me want a little girl so badly! You did an awesome job- it's adroable!

Bekah
http://beckaboots.blogspot.com/

BluBabesCreate said...

Really darling! I like the floral touch! Come see what I sewed for my daughter.