Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Ornaments



I saw these somewhere online, although I can't remember exactly where , but they are so so super cute and easy. Y, her Daddy & I made a batch to give to grandparents yesterday. You should definitely try them out with your little ones!!


You need:
Candy Canes
Wood stars (foamy ones would work too, even paper)
Baby blue felt cut into 2-3" squares
Tiny wooden peg dolls OR just wood balls (I used the dolls because i had them, but you could just as easily glue the head to the blanket since the body is hidden anyways)
Basket filler stuff (like moss, this is is what mine looked like, I got it at Joanne's)

Raffia
Glitter or paint for stars (optional)
Hot Glue Gun

  1. draw cute little sleeping faces on wooden dolls/balls
  2. paint stars or glue and glitter them (Y wanted to glue and glitter THE WORLD after this!)
  3. wrap doll in blanket & tie with raffia (if using ball, roll blanket & tie, then glue baby head in top like it's peeking out)
  4. smoosh a handful of basket filler stuff into a ball, glue into the curve of the candy cane.
  5. glue wrapped up baby Jesus into the "hay"
  6. make a loop of raffia or ribbon and glue to top behind wooden star
  7. hang on your tree!

1 comment:

dee said...

What a great idea! I'm making these for my Sunday School & Awana kids. Gonna be busy tonight! Thanks.